Just as with any dance, you have to learn the steps. The Dishwasher Boogie is no exception. Leading with the correct steps produces both efficiency and sparkling results.
Modern dishwashers are more effective than ever. With a little effort, yours can maintain its effectiveness and increase its efficiency. Modern dishwashers use less water, less energy and less detergent while cleaning more effectively. This all leads to you saving more money. All the more reason to dance.
Without further delay the dance of dishwasher efficiency tips:
1. Be familiar with your particular model. Take note of manufacturers’ information on the various washing cycles, use of detergents and rinses, and the method of loading the dishes into the machine.
2. While modern dishwashers are more effective at cleaning you cannot expect them to clean last week’s dry, food-encrusted dishes and cooking utensils. Although pre-rinsing may not be a requirement, insuring there are no large food particles is the first step in preparing to load the machine. Make sure all food is scraped off and you’re good to go.
3. It is always more efficient to wash a full load rather than a partial load. Stacking the dishes in the recommended manner for your machine allows you to use the full capacity.
4.Skip the drying cycle if at all possible. The energy used to dry the clean contents can be saved just by allowing the dishes to dry overnight. Starting the wash cycle in the evening and waiting until morning to unload allows this natural drying to occur.
5. Detergents and rinse agents allow greater cleaning while maintaining efficiency. Experiment with different brands to find those that are most effective, rather than just choosing the least expensive brand.
6. If your dishwasher has different cycles to choose from, use the shortest cycle than cleans a full load to your satisfaction.
7. Hot water is usually provided by heating elements in the dishwasher its self. This may mean you can lower the temperature of your hot water heater to save energy.
8. It’s better to have your dishwasher located away from your refrigerator, because the heat from the dishwasher makes the refrigerator work overtime to keep its cool. Small steps can add up to big savings!
9. To keep your dishwasher clean, run an empty load with a half gallon or so of vinegar. This will remove deposits and help keep your machine running more effectively and efficiently.
Getting to know your dishwasher (AKA dance partner) will lessen the chance of stepping on any toes. Perfect the above steps and you will use less water, energy, detergent and time. Now, take a bow and enjoy being so efficient.
Your dishwasher is a very important part of keeping your home running smoothly. Make sure you protect it with a home warranty from American Home Shield.
Post Author: andyc.